Saturday 17 May 2014

New Bracelets!

I treated myself on Saturday. I bought myself a bead loom from where I work and have had a lot of fun making bracelets on it! I'm getting quite speedy at it now :)

Don't mind my very-fetching pyjama trousers!
This is my first attempt. I made it while watching Eurovision (which was wonderful, as always) and it looks so 80's! I do love it though. Sewing all the ends in took me such a long time though, and I didn't even do it that neatly :/ Then I wrongly tried to add the ribbon end on, to attach my clasp on, and broke a couple of the beads... oops! I managed to salvage the rest and just sewed the clasps on, but I now know for next time!


I watched a very useful video where crochet cotton was used instead of thread for the warp of the loom. Then the ends of the bracelet could be braided and tied on the wrist that way, instead of bothering with a clasp. Because I have become obsessed with making doilies, I had treated myself to some crochet cotton and decided to give it a shot.


I love the finish of these bracelets. They're a lot more laid back, and I can charge less for them because I don't need to spend so long sewing in the ends of the bracelet!

I'm using a thinner crochet cotton with this bracelet.
And now for some better photos:








Have you ever tried using a bead loom? If so, what's your favourite warp thread to use?

No comments:

Post a Comment