Thursday 14 August 2014

DIY Tattoo Choker

There were so many trends from the 90's that should definitely stay there and be forgotten about, but tattoo chokers aren't one of them! I was so pleased when I saw that they were making a comeback, along with 90's grunge fashion. I definitely wore beaded ones back in the day, although I wasn't particularly fashionable or "grungey", much like the people dressing like that today!

I was outraged when I saw that Topshop were selling these stretchy chokers for £5.00 each! Something so expensive for something so simple to make. Even Claire's Accessories are selling them for £4.50. No thank you! It was at this point that I started researching how to make them. I found a couple of really-good YouTube videos that taught me the technique, but I wanted to add beads too and no one had attempted that yet (from what I had seen anyway...)


I had a bit of a play around with making a couple of bracelets before giving the choker a go and I think I have worked out the technique.


I used 0.7mm Stretch Magic in Black, size 8 black Czech glass seed beads and a size 3 crimp tube to finish it off. I do explain an alternative way of finishing in the choker in the video above.

Have fun going back to the 90's! Be sure to share a pic on Instagram with me, @TheCornerofCraft, by using #TheCornerofCraft (or #TheCofC if you can't be bothered to type it all out...)

No comments:

Post a Comment