Tuesday 12 November 2013

Quick and Easy Fingerless Gloves - UK Edition!

I said I'd post the UK terminology for this pattern, and here it is! I'm sure most of you, if you're anything like me, are used to having to use US patterns anyway! Ah the joys of the internet...




You will need:

A 4mm crochet hook
Double Knit Yarn
A Yarn Needle

Chain 35

Row 1: DC in 2nd chain from hook then DC in each chain. Then chain 2 and turn. (34)

Row 2: Skip the first stitch that the chain comes from and TR in each stitch along. TR in the chain from the row before. Then, as before, chain 2 and turn. (34)

Rows 3-20 (17 rows): Repeat the 2nd row.

Row 21: As row 2, but chain 1 and turn at the end of the row. (34)

Row 22: Skip the first stitch that the chain comes from, DC in each stitch along. Then DC in chain from last row and fasten off the yarn, leaving a long tail. (34)

To make up the gloves, either sew or SS the two edges together for 6 rows. Skip 3-4 rows (making space for your thumb) and then sew up the rest of the glove.


These gloves are completely customisable! If you'd like longer gloves, continue to DC for more rows. You can also add embellishments to the gloves to make them more individual.


I added some little pink hearts to spice up these grey gloves, that I made using a pattern I found on Ravelry.


And for my Mickey Mouse-obsessed sister, I added some Mickey ears :) I will write the pattern out for that in a later blog post!

Thank you for coming to visit my blog. Your support is appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment