Monday 11 November 2013

Welcome and Quick and Easy Fingerless Gloves - US Edition

Hey there! Welcome to The Corner of Craft! On this blog I will be sharing some patterns with you, doing a roundup of my favourite patterns that I have found on the interwebs and sharing a little bit about my life!

To kick things off, I have decided to be extremely generous to you all and share a fingerless glove crochet pattern with you all. It's an extremely easy pattern that makes up quickly so your hands will be warm in no time!




You will need:

A 4mm (G) crochet hook
Worsted Weight Yarn
A Yarn Needle

Chain 35

Row 1: SC in 2nd chain from hook then SC in each chain. Then chain 2 and turn. (34)

Row 2: Skip the first stitch that the chain comes from and DC in each stitch along. DC in the chain from the row before. Then, as before, chain 2 and turn. (34)

Rows 3-20 (17 rows): Repeat the 2nd row.

Row 21: As row 2, but chain 1 and turn at the end of the row. (34)

Row 22: Skip the first stitch that the chain comes from, SC in each stitch along. Then SC in chain from last row and fasten off the yarn, leaving a long tail. (34)

To make up the gloves, either sew or SS the two edges together for 6 rows. Skip 3-4 rows (making space for your thumb) and then sew up the rest of the glove.



These gloves are completely customisable! If you'd like longer gloves, continue to DC for more rows. You can also add embellishments to the gloves to make them more individual.



I customised these gloves with some magenta hearts, which I made using a pattern I found on Ravelry.

I hope you've all enjoyed this pattern! Please feel free to leave me feedback :)


No comments:

Post a Comment