Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas Earrings!

I am very new to making jewellery and I am the first to admit how bad I am at it. I have recently started a new job that sells beads and the bits and bobs you need to make jewellery. Since starting at this shop, I have learnt so much!

I decided to make a pair of Christmas tree earrings for my mum for her birthday present!


I'm not very good at photographing something that's so small! These earrings were made using Swarovski crystals. First, you will need to slide a 4mm cube bead (I used a siam-coloured bead) onto your head pin. Then thread on the sew on flowers in 10mm, then 8mm and finally 6mm in Emerald green, or whatever colour you decide to use. The final bead you will need to thread on is a 3mm Xilion bead. I decided to use a Golden Shadow bead to represent the star on top of the tree and I think it goes nicely with the gold plated fishhooks and headpins I used!

After you have threaded all your beads on, you will need to make a loop above the Xilion bead. There are many ways to do this so check out some YouTube videos (and once I improve, maybe I will make a tutorial!) Finally, attach your trees onto the fishhooks and ta-dah!! You have Christmas earrings!


I hope that you enjoyed this post. Let me know what you'd like to see in future posts on this blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment