Wednesday 19 February 2014

My Crafting Inspiration: Twinkie Chan

I thought it might be nice for those interested to see who inspires me when it comes to crafting! There are so many people who do, so expect to see a few blog posts!

The first post in this series is about the amazingly colourful Twinkie Chan! If you're about in the crochet world, I'm sure you know who this lovely lady is! Her tagline is "Eat your cake, and wear it too!", which just sums up her work perfectly. She is based in San Francisco and crochets lovely food-related items that are just too cute to eat! She is extremely well known for her scarves that are made up of crochet cupcakes and other delicious-looking food items.

When I first discovered her, I read through every single page on her blog and became increasingly inspired to start my own business! Twinkie Chan is one of the ladies who is fortunate enough to make a living off out of making and creating things; I'm so jealous! I guess I just need to stick at it.. :) Not only are there many pictures of inspiration on her blog, you also get a sneak-peek into her life and the behind-the-scenes of it all, including her adorable dogs and amazing craft room!! She is even generous enough to share the odd pattern for free on her blog :)

Enough of the chatter and onto the pictures! All of the photos are from Twinkie Chan's blog.





Isn't she adorable??



Even if you don't like crochet, I thoroughly recommend Twinkie Chan's blog and website! It's guaranteed to make you happy (and maybe slightly peckish...)



Or treat yourself to her amazing book, full of cute patterns! http://www.yummyyouclothing.com/twinkie-chan-s-crochet-goodies-for-fashion-foodies-book

Who's your crafting inspiration?

2 comments:

  1. Does your book teach me how to crochet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some instructions teaching the basic stitches in the front of the book. If you struggle to learn with the pictures, there are great videos on YouTube! Happy hooking!

      Delete