Saturday 8 February 2014

New Storage Space?

So my boyfriend and our housemate were starting to get annoyed with my yarn being everywhere, even if it was only in "Craft Corner", which was a small space between the arm of the sofa and the wall. I had no storage there, just an Asda bag with my yarn in!

So our housemate had a new cello delivered! It's very swanky and electric :) Anyway, it arrived in a massive box, that my boyfriend decided was good enough to play in:

If you follow me on Instagram (@TheCornerofCraft) then you would have already seen this photo.

We won't discuss the onesie... let's just leave it be. Yes. Anyway, after he was done with the box, and while I was at work on Saturday, he decided to fashion some shelves out of the box to store my yarn in! Ah we're such a creative couple. And lo, the makeshift shelving unit was born:



The top shelf is storing my current WIPs, like gloves, my crochet mood blanket. The middle and bottom shelves are for storing my yarn stash! It looks so small when it's crammed into shelves! I guess we're just too cheap to buy actual shelves... Or too thrifty!

Let me know if you have any makeshift storage ideas that you use!

No comments:

Post a Comment