Saturday 1 March 2014

My First Workshop!

So I taught my first workshop on last week and I was extremely nervous! It was a workshop on making a chevron friendship bracelet and the place that I work had asked me to design and teach the workshop. It had been aimed at children and two children had booked onto it! They were 10 years old; a perfect age to make the bracelets.

I had already met the girls as they'd both done the previous class too, which was stretch band bracelets. They were hyperactive and chatty, very intelligent and picked up techniques very quickly! The only problem was when they got to my class, a couple of hours later, they'd started to fade a little. I'm so pleased that they'd both picked up the technique of tying the knots very quickly and were well on the way to making their bracelets!

As with everything, there was panic and frustration if something went wrong, but I was able to quickly get them back onto the right track so the worry didn't last too long!

The girls didn't quite finish their bracelets, but I expected that anyway. They both said they'd finish it at home though! I can't wait to see the finished results.

I learnt a lot from teaching that first workshop; I needn't have been as nervous as I was, but I also needed to explain things in different ways than what makes sense to me because everyone's minds work differently!!

I'm so excited to teach more workshops in the future :) I just love to see when the penny drops and they understand what they're doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment